How To Apply
We are so excited that you are interested in applying for admission to The SEED School of Maryland. Please read this entire page on how to apply to the school. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the admissions office at (410) 843-9482.
In order to be considered for admission for the 2017-2018 school year, a prospective student must be:
- A Maryland resident;
- Entering the sixth grade in Fall 2017;
- Born on or after February 1, 2005.
SEED is looking to serve students who will make this important educational journey from grades six through twelve and beyond, and for whom a boarding school will be the key factor in their success in school. Please download a copy of the Maryland State Board of Education-approved eligibility criteria.
A copy of the following documents must accompany your application. Return application with all supporting documents. Any missing or incorrect documents will deem your application as incomplete and will not be reviewed for eligibility to enter into the enrollment lottery.
- Two Proofs of Residence:
- Utility Bill: gas, water, electric, or landline phone. Cell phone, cable/internet and car insurance bills are NOT acceptable.
- AND Rental Agreement, lease, deed, mortgage statement. Housing assistance letter are not acceptable.
Shared Domicile Disclosure Form (Download form; only complete if you live with someone else and your name does not appear on household bills)
(Only needed if you reside in a home where the lease and bills are not in your name)
- Parent/Guardian Information:
- State Federal Issued ID (i.e., driver's license, passport)
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate (must not be born before February 1, 2005)
- Most Recent Report Card
Verification of Free or Reduced Lunch (if applicable, download form)
Copy of determination letter or written notice from school
- Two Proofs of Income (and, if applicable, cash assistance letter and documentation of Medicaid participation)
- Copy of previous year’s tax return (W-2 Form 1040 or 1040A (preferred) AND
- Copy of pay stubs of household members for one month
- Parent Financial Form (click here to download form)
Letter of Recommendation:
Optional: NOT necessary to complete application; should be written by a teacher /counselor, coach or school administrator who has worked with or taught the applicant in the current school year
Federal Poverty Guideline information is available here.
Admissions applications must be complete to include all supporting documents. Applications are still being accepted for the 2017-2018 year.